5 Reasons to Have Plants in the House
Now that cold temperatures are here, you can feed your inner gardener by getting beautiful indoor plants to accent your home. Houseplants of many shapes, sizes, colors and textures can satisfy that instinctual craving to be around live plants. Not only is keeping houseplants a fun recreational activity, it also promotes a healthier lifestyle in numerous ways. We get questions all the time regarding why houseplants promote a healthier lifestyle, so here are a few examples.
Here are some reasons you should think about keeping plants in your home.
- Provides more oxygen for the home.
- Increasing humidity. This is good during the winter months when the air in the home is very dry.
- Reduces levels of some pollutants, such as benzene and nitrogen dioxide. It can even filter tiny fecal matter particles out of the air.
- Reduces airborne dust levels. This is like another house filter.
- Reduces carbon dioxide levels.